Friday, November 25, 2011

Introductions are in order

My name is Kate. I'm a 23 year old self-proclaimed geek. My favorite things to do (besides making jewelry!) are watch tv, read, and play video games. I'm into sci-fi, fantasy and horror; stuff like the tv show Supernatural or the Harry Potter books. I just graduated from college, where I spent 4 years changing majors, bouncing around from one Art major to the next until I finally got my A.A. In college I dabbled in studio art, graphic design, and photography.

Geeky Bead Designs comes from my love of all things geeky, and wanting to share my love with other fans. I make beaded bracelets inspired by tv shows, anime, Broadway musicals, book series and more. I'm into a lot of different fandoms, so by checking my shop you can see what my latest addiction is! Currently, I'm working on bracelets inspired by Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. I also make healing and meditation bracelets. I'm New Age-y like that! I practice yoga and meditation and all that cool stuff.

I make my bracelets using semiprecious gemstone beads that I get from a local store. I like to use real stones because of the idea that they have powers and healing energies. I find wearing them helps keep me grounded.

I hope you love my bracelets as much as I love making them. If you have any questions feel free to convo me on Etsy, or send me an e-mail: geekybeaddesigns AT gmail DOT com
You can also follow me on
twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/GeekyBeads
tumblr: http://geekybeaddesigns.tumblr.com/


GeekyBeadDesigns.Etsy.com - Check out my shop! =)


Namaste,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment