Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hope PTSD Awareness Healing and Grounding Bracelet



This grounding bracelet promotes awareness of Post-traumatic stress disorder. It is made with howlite beads that were dyed to be similar in color to turquoise. Teal is the color used for promoting awareness about PTSD.

Posttraumatic stress disorder can occur to anyone who's been through a trauma. According to the National Center for PTSD, 7-8% of the population will have PTSD at some point in their lives.

I was diagnosed with PTSD last summer. I was raised by a mentally ill mother and grew up in an emotionally and mentally abusive environment. I'm on the path to healing and doing very well. My PTSD and healing is actually what got me started making bracelets. I first made a bracelet for myself using semi-precious gemstones for their healing energies, because I felt like it would help me to have something physical I could hold onto. I really feel like my bracelet has helped me stay grounded when I'm having panic attacks or disassociating.

That's why I made these bracelets. I'm hoping they will help others the way they've helped me.

Howlite is a calming stone; it aids in sleeping, calming the overactive mind, and stress relief. Physically it calms the whole body and relieves muscle tension. It helps control anger, and relieves stress and anxiety, by absorbing negative energy.

The bracelet is about 7 inches long, not including the toggle clasps.

Find it on Etsy, here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/97068230/hope-ptsd-awareness-healing-and

No comments:

Post a Comment